Monday, November 13, 2006

Random cures...


A few things that I have tried which may not be the most obvious solutions...
1. Recently I discovered that Hand hygiene gel works! I've been using Cutacura. Normally you use it to clean your hands if there is no water available (I used it on my Gap year in South Africa!) It's sposed to kill 99.99% of germs, and it is amazing on my scalp. It really calms my scalp down, it works because psoriasis is a fungal infection.
2. Soap! sounds random, but this only worked when I had mega short hair and I washed it for a while just using soap, it seemed to really neutralise my scalp.
3. Olive oil, this is next on my list to try, apparently it works -i'll let you know.

Please keep me posted of any random cures you know. Has anyone tried coconut oil?

2 comments:

psmax1 said...

Elise,
I am going to get some hand sanitizing gel for my scalp psoriasis. Do you leave the gel on your scalp, or do you wash your hair after an application of the gel? How often do you do this? Thanks.

Elise said...

What I do is apply the lotion when my scalp feels itchy, which tends to be in the evening, especially if i'm tired. I just apply it with my fingers, and leave it on. Try not to get it on your hair if possible as it dries.

Let me know how you find it, I find it works better than any other treatment at the moment.
X Elise